Updated January 31, 2017.
Logo Design: My Approach
- The first step in every logo design project is known as the ‘discovery’ phase.
- First, we typically have a detailed conversation, either on the phone or in person – whichever is most comfortable for you.
We talk about general details like the nature of your business, what your ideas and goals are and, of course, the value you will receive based on a branding package of your choosing.
- Next I provide a ‘Branding Brief’, which is a thorough questionnaire that helps you to drill down into the nitty-gritty of what you want to achieve with your logo and brand.
We will define points like your mission and vision, draw on your competitive advantage and highlight your unique selling points.
Click to request your Branding Brief now.
- Once your Branding Brief is complete, I thoroughly review the information, conduct any necessary research and begin concept development.
- A customized mood board is provided for client review. The mood board proposes a brand colour palette (sometimes including photography) which helps to illustrate the personality of your new brand.
- First logo proofs include a selection of design concepts plus a colour scheme and mood board for you to review.
- Collaboration and feedback leads to refined concepts. This stage may involve additional proofs before your final logo concept is decided upon.
Final approval and logo package delivery
- Once final approval is signed off, I provide all print and web-friendly files PLUS a Logo Reference Guide (showing all logo states, colour codes and typography).
It is imperative to utilize your new logo in a consistent manner on ALL your marketing tools – business cards, brochures, website, advertising and so on. This helps to build brand recognition.
Ready to create a brand that SHINES?
Check out my Branding Packages today, and let’s talk 🙂