Are you ready to Enhance Your Brand Voice?
I have experienced a great transformation this past month. I signed up to take the ChicFlicks Daily Video Challenge put on by Dana Goldstein.
- pledge to shoot video every day for the month of May, 2015
- video can be shot with your smartphone, tablet, webcam or camcorder
- each day on the calendar has a designated topic to discuss
- take the fear out of getting in front of the camera!
I have ALWAYS been a complete disaster in front of an audience, and video is no exception! I’m a ‘Nervous Nelly’ to the highest degree.
By taking on the ChicFlicks Daily Video Challenge, it forced me to break through some SERIOUS comfort issues. I didn’t realize how positively it would benefit me AND my personal brand!
My first video was rough. I found myself picking out all my nervous habits and feeling embarrassed about certain facial expressions, how I swivel in my chair, clap my hands too much, say ‘umm’ too often, and so on….
By day 16 I was feeling much more confident, finding my groove by simply chatting about every day topics and relaxing in front of the camera more each day.
Now I find myself constantly brainstorming ideas for how to use video in my business marketing mix! And it doesn’t necessarily have to be ME in front of the camera for every video!
Here are some ideas I’ve come up with just this week:
- Instagram-targeted slide shows that feature your work – CLICK HERE FOR EXAMPLE.
- Fun Q&A videos for my blog
- Short ‘Design Tips’ videos to share via Facebook and Twitter
- the possibilities are ENDLESS!
It’s actually SO fun, and admittedly it may just be a new addiction!
So How Can Video Help Enhance Your Brand Voice?
- with practice, you will build confidence being in front of the camera.
- with your new-found confidence, you will suddenly come up with new ideas EVERY DAY of how to incorporate video into your marketing strategy.
- you will learn to have some FUN with your audience.
- Best of all, video inspires CREATIVITY in how you engage with your customers & followers.
I challenge YOU to incorporate video into YOUR branding!
So, will you???
Big “THANKS” to Dana Goldstein of Chicflicks, who is the genius behind the Daily Video Challenge and a true entrepreneurial inspiration.
Dana is also the talented Producer of my current marketing video! Click BELOW to view!
Leave a Reply