According to the 2016 Canadian Digital Marketing Report, the top 4 most important advertising categories last year were:
- Social Media Engagement
- Direct Mail
- Print Advertising
- Email Marketing
It’s pretty clear that we, as business owners, should utilize each of the channels in the most effective way possible.
Let’s get creative with marketing and integrate campaigns in a way that will build our brands.
Business cards are a classic channel for integration marketing.
Think about it. You meet someone and strike up a conversation which leads to an intent to connect further. You exchange business cards which typically incorporate your email, website and social media info… BOOM! You just integrated a print marketing tool with up to THREE of your online channels!
Here are Seven simple scenarios showing how integration marketing can work for you!
Marketing Goal: Boost Website Traffic
Integration Scenario A: Printed brochure/postcard + Website
- A custom branded, direct mail piece that showcases an overall description of your business PLUS a call-to-action encouraging readers to learn more by visiting your website.
This type of campaign may only work for some businesses, dependant on factors such as the type of product/services offered and whether your desired audience can be reached in a cost-effective manner.
Integration Scenario B: Social Media + website
- Post often via social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. Share information, stats, testimonials and incorporate a link to your website to read/learn more.
Write a LinkedIn article (see example) incorporating links driving traffic back to your site.
Integration Scenario C: Email + Website
- Send an email to your subscribers/clients contains a teaser (or lead-in) to a new blog post or new product/service you offer. Readers will naturally click the “read more” button taking them directly to a page on your site which then provides the details you want them to see.
Marketing Goal: List Building
Integration Scenario A: Print + Email
- Let’s say you have a presentation or trade show coming up. Think simple and print some simply branded take-away items showcasing your business and the benefits to becoming a subscriber. Do you have a free gift to offer? Provide something of interest to draw attention and gain subscribers via a QR code or clearly emphasized link via your printed piece.
Integration Scenario B: Social Media + Email
- Promote subscriber benefits via posts, events and even advertising via social media channels.
Marketing Goal: Sales
Integration Scenario A: Email + Website
- To quote a very smart colleague of mine, “Work your lists!”
The goal with subscribers is to keep them engaged and provide them with valuable information, right? YES!
But you are also in business to make money. So once in a while you need to work your list and provide them with an incentive to BUY.
For example: Send out a sales-specific email. Make it short and sweet, make sure you outline reasons why they NEED your service or product. Finally, provide a link/button directing them to your sales page on your site.
Integration Scenario B: Social Media + Website
- Very similar to Scenario A, you can promote your offer via posts and/or ads on social media. In these ads, provide incentive for your readers to BUY NOW. The link should lead to your sales page.
Any campaign you decide on should have a cohesive design, providing a seamless visual journey for your reader. Maintain the same colour scheme, typography, visuals and messaging throughout the campaign. This promotes brand consistency as well.
Get instant access to my FREE 3-STEP GUIDE on Integration Marketing.
Learn how to produce an engaging campaign utilizing both print and online channels.
- 3 key questions to ask yourself when planning your campaign
- 7 questions to ask when composing your key message
- tips for working with printing vendors
- tips to help you maintain campaign consistency
take it a step further & create your campaign NOW!
Let’s discuss your marketing goals and bring your vision to life!
There are endless options at your disposal. We can create a unique and powerful integration campaign that is ideal for YOUR business.